Connect with us

NEWS

Travis Kelce says returning for 2025 season ‘wasn’t that hard of a decision’

Published

on

‘ Travis Kelce says returning for 2025 season ‘wasn’t that hard of a decision’
Travis Kelce’s illustrious playing career is headed toward Year 13 — a decision the 35-year-old made this past March after a month of uncertainty.

But speaking with the Kansas City media for the first time since deciding he will play in 2025, the Chiefs tight end indicated to reporters that a possible retirement wasn’t strongly considered this past spring.

“I love football. I don’t think I really thought about it that much,” Kelce told reporters after Wednesday’s minicamp practice. “… I love coming in to work every single day. It wasn’t a very tough one for me. I know I’m getting older, but at the same time I still feel like I’ve got a lot I can prove in this league. With that being said, it really wasn’t that hard of a decision for me.”

As Kelce explained on his New Heights podcast three months ago, ending his career with a loss in Super Bowl LIX to the Philadelphia Eagles wasn’t an ideal conclusion and if the Chiefs accomplished the first-ever Lombardi three-peat he “would have thought about [retirement] more.”

Seemingly haunted by his own Super Bowl performance to this day — a four-catch, 39-yard effort — Kelce said he “felt like I failed my guys” this past February when reflecting on it more Wednesday and that he “really didn’t feel like it was my last game.”

Kelce also said that winning a title is the only acceptable result this year.

“That’s the only way I determine if it’s a successful (season) or not,” he said. “It’s just how I’m wired now.”

Kelce’s last Super Bowl performance was a continuation of his waning production last season. His 823 yards and three touchdowns in 2024 marked career lows (excluding a rookie season spent largely on the bench), and the impact he made throughout the season felt sparse compared to the numbers he’d put up year after year along a career that will one day end in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Last year’s disappointing results have apparently bolstered his preparation for the 2025 season, and Kelce said he’s lost “some weight” this offseason despite refuting reports of him losing 25 pounds.

“This year got some time to really focus on some form running and some things early on in the offseason that I just didn’t have time for last year,” he said. “Certainly feeling good, and I think it will pay off.”

Patrick Mahomes indicated a difference in Kelce early this summer, too, saying three weeks ago that “If it’s his last ride, you would never know” based on how he’s looked during the team’s offseason workout program.

The Chiefs’ star quarterback furthered that point on Wednesday when asked about if he and Kelce ever talked about him retiring.

“We never talked about [retirement],” Mahomes told reporters. “I think you have that in the back of your mind. For anyone that’s played a lot of football seasons, there’s always a chance if they’re gonna come back and put in [the work]. You have to put in the work. You have to put in the work in the offseason. I think everybody wants to play the games, but putting in the work in the offseasons where stuff gets strenuous. … For him, I think it was just recalibrating, seeing where he’s at. From what I’ve seen — I think y’all can see it — he’s ready to go. He’s been putting in the work this offseason, and he’s excited for another chance to make a run for it.”

Age-35 seasons are uncommon for star tight ends of recent time, but Kelce appears to be readying himself to become the next exception. While his future beyond this year will certainly be speculated going forward, Kelce made it clear that he’s only focused on reaching the mountaintop once again despite any anything else.

“I got one year on this contract, I know that, and we’ll try and figure out something for next year,” Kelce said. “The Chiefs organization knows how much I love them. I can’t see myself ever playing anywhere else. We’ll deal with that down the road when the time is right, but right now I’m focused on winning a championship this year.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

BREAKING: Trump Blows a Gasket and Shouts at a Reporter After Being Asked About Epstein, After the Supreme Court Recently Ruled His Tariffs Illegal - He Is Melting Down Right Now and Says He Will Sign a Global 40% Tariff Today Under a Different Statute
NEWS2 hours ago

BREAKING: Trump Blows a Gasket and Shouts at a Reporter After Being Asked About Epstein, After the Supreme Court Recently Ruled His Tariffs Illegal – He Is Melting Down Right Now and Says He Will Sign a Global 40% Tariff Today Under a Different Statute

VIDEO: Insider Reveals Enraged Trump Ordered New Plates and Mugs for the White House After Breaking Every Plate and Mug Following the Supreme Court’s Ruling That His Tariffs Are Illegal, Ranting About the Decision
NEWS3 hours ago

VIDEO: Insider Reveals Enraged Trump Ordered New Plates and Mugs for the White House After Breaking Every Plate and Mug Following the Supreme Court’s Ruling That His Tariffs Are Illegal, Ranting About the Decision

BREAKING: Newsom to Trump: “Issue an immediate refund to all Americans for your illegal tax. Now.” after The Supreme Court ruled that Trump’s tariffs are illegal, and immediately striking them down... See Trump's Enraged 6-Words Reaction
NEWS5 hours ago

BREAKING: Newsom to Trump: “Issue an immediate refund to all Americans for your illegal tax. Now.” after The Supreme Court ruled that Trump’s tariffs are illegal, and immediately striking them down… See Trump’s Enraged 6-Words Reaction

BREAKING: Former President Joe Biden's reacts to Trump sleeping at his own "Board of Peace" Meeting, the viral clip shows Biden with Fans on the Amtrak lines watching the embarrassing video
NEWS9 hours ago

BREAKING: Former President Joe Biden’s reacts to Trump sleeping at his own “Board of Peace” Meeting, the viral clip shows Biden with Fans on the Amtrak lines watching the embarrassing video

BREAKING: Donald Trump fell asleep at his "Board of Peace" meeting, and farted so many times
NEWS9 hours ago

BREAKING: Donald Trump fell asleep at his “Board of Peace” meeting, and farted so many times

BREAKING: White House Doctor Breaks Silence on Trump’s Original Serious Medical Report After He Fell Asleep During the “Board of Peace” Meeting With the Right Side of His Face and Mouth Drooping, Then Fainted After a Sudden Massive Stroke
NEWS1 day ago

BREAKING: White House Doctor Breaks Silence on Trump’s Original Serious Medical Report After He Fell Asleep During the “Board of Peace” Meeting With the Right Side of His Face and Mouth Drooping, Then Fainted After a Sudden Massive Stroke

BREAKING: Trump just announced that the U.S. will contribute $10 billion to his Board of Peace from U.S. Taxpayers money which he called "a very small number", while IGNORING Congress Approval
NEWS1 day ago

BREAKING: Trump just announced that the U.S. will contribute $10 billion to his Board of Peace from U.S. Taxpayers money which he called “a very small number”, while IGNORING Congress Approval

Here’s the Mascara Insider reveals Taylor Swift Will Wear at Her Wedding - And It has seen 500% sales surge
CELEBRITY1 day ago

Here’s the Mascara Insider reveals Taylor Swift Will Wear at Her Wedding – And It has seen 500% sales surge

“It’s Game Over” - Iranian Hackers Claim They Will Release Alleged Videos of President Trump With Minors if the U.S. Attacks Iran. See Trump’s Five-Word Response After Sending Pete Hegseth to Begin Operations in Iran.
NEWS1 day ago

“It’s Game Over” – Iranian Hackers Claim They Will Release Alleged Videos of President Trump With Minors if the U.S. Attacks Iran. See Trump’s Five-Word Response After Sending Pete Hegseth to Begin Operations in Iran.

Former Prince Andrew, the brother of King Charles III has been arrested on charges related to Epstien
NEWS1 day ago

Former Prince Andrew, the brother of King Charles III has been arrested on charges related to Epstien

Social Media on Fire after Taylor Swift's latest appearance with baby bump at the Winter Olympics and with a Mysterious Man
CELEBRITY1 day ago

Social Media on Fire after Taylor Swift’s latest appearance with baby bump at the Winter Olympics and with a Mysterious Man

BREAKING: The Supreme Court Blocks President Donald Trump’s Proposal to Slash SSI and Veterans Benefits to Redirect Billions to DHS as Homeland Security Shutdown Deepens
NEWS2 days ago

BREAKING: The Supreme Court Blocks President Donald Trump’s Proposal to Slash SSI and Veterans Benefits to Redirect Billions to DHS as Homeland Security Shutdown Deepens

Copyright © 2025 Newsmous